Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Miss Talcott

God is so amazing when He brings special people into our lives. While at Texas Tech University, I have met one of the sweetest people on the planet!

Cristina Talcott and I met at a Bible study and then with both of us having busy semesters we began reading Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyers together when it worked with our schedules.

I have never met anyone else who sees the world the way I do or reacts the same way in certain situations. There can be lots of rough spots in college but they are always a little easier when a Godly friend is by your side. Cristina is also a very driven person and won the award of Outstanding Student in Landscape Architecture Department this year.

While having dinner with her parents one evening, her dad was telling stories about when she was little and there was one that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

They were on a family trip to Alaska and Cristina got to ride on a sled pulled by dogs. Afterwards, her dad explained to her that life is a lot like being a sled dog – you can either follow and stare at another tail or you can be in the lead and have a great view.

She has been an inspiration as a friend and is definitely a lead dog. Through the past year, she has encouraged me to press on and be the best that I can possible be.

Although I am now considered an adult, one of my verses to live by is 1 Timothy 4:12 which I tend to share with you quite often ~ Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

Cristina has not only been an inspiration for classes and school but in my walk with God. Through Bible studies together, we have shared our hopes, dreams, failures and successes with each other. You never know where you will meet a best friend.
What friend has played a key role in your walk with God? I encourage you to call or send a letter to that person to let them know how special they are to you. It may be someone who shared words of wisdom or guided you through a tough time or it may be the example or innocence of a young person. Be a blessing to them.

1 comment: