Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Stresses of Life

I’m amazed that December is already here! We only have one more week of regular classes at Texas Tech University and then finals start. I know with Christmas quickly approaching, shopping for holiday gifts and taking tests for students, December can be a very stressful time of year.

The Bible says in Psalm 62: 5-8, Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.

This verse is so encouraging to me when life seems crazy. It reminds me that God has to be the center of my life, my rock, my solid foundation. He is my protection, my safe haven and my protection. I need to be reminded of this quite often!

1 Peter 5: 7-9 says Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 Peter 5: 8 and 9, Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him; stand firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

I think this is a cool verse because it flat out tells us that the devil is waiting to get through to us. It may be in the form of stress which can makes us impatient and unkind. I think its cool how this verse reminds us that we are not alone in the temptation and struggles of this world. If we can keep this in mind, December can be a very pleasant month.

Philippians 4:6- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

John 14:1- Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me (Jesus).

I pray that through the month of December, God blesses you with a calm, peaceful heart. Good luck to all students on their finals and to everyone doing their Christmas shopping- have fun!

Happy Trails and God Bless!
To contact Kristen with questions or comments, email her at kristen_odom@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment