Wednesday, November 25, 2009

College Kids Give Thanks

Over the past week, I have visited with several friends about what we, as college students, are thankful for.
Shay Morris said, “I’m thankful that I’m able to go to school.”

Kate McDowell, from Shamrock is thankful for the opportunity to go to college so that one day she can have a great job and go far in life. She is also thankful for movie theaters that show lots of movies because she loves watching them with her friends.

Carly Holland said, “I’m thankful for my parents. Their ongoing encouragement gets me through EVERY day.”

Dustin Ferguson, Klondike native, is thankful for Pull 'N’ Peel Twizzlers and Cookies 'N' Cream Hershey’s bars.

Mark Lemons said, “I’m thankful for my friend, confidant and pick-me-up…. the one and only… Kip!”

Tanner Kieschnick, from Vernon, said, “I’m thankful for my parents raising me well, free food and home cooked meals.”

Katie Schlosser, a fellow ag communication major from Plano, is thankful that she gets to go home for the break and see her family and have home cooked food.

Daniel Reeves said, “Thomas and I are both thankful for all the pretty women at Tech, and naps – that give us time to think about the pretty women at tech!”

Thomas Reeves added, “I am also thankful that water is free at restaurants, Taco Tuesdays at Rosas, canceled 8 o’clock classes, good friends, DVR, and that our internet works so awesome… that last one is sarcasm, which is ironic because, finally, I am thankful for sarcasm.”

Alison Kruse, from Dalhart, said “I’m thankful that my parents can send me to college to get an education. And I’m thankful to be an American.”

Harrison Walden, who grew up in Stratford, is thankful for his family and electronics because they keep him entertained. He is also thankful for SmartOnes®.

And finally, in addition to everything mentioned above, I am thankful for my relationship with God, my amazing family, stupendous friends and my soft pillow!

Psalm 136: 1 says, Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.

Happy Trails and have a blessed Thanksgiving!
To contact Kristen with questions or comments, email her at kristen_odom@hotmail.com.

Other college students said:
"I'm thankful for sports because without them school would not be worth it."- Tate Baumgardner

"I'm thankful for late night trips to mcdonalds...and nap time! :)"- Andrea Walker

"I'm thankful for good professors."- Matt

"I'm thankful for Wild West."- Drew

"I'm thankful for 3 day weekends every week :)"- Jennifer McMannis

"I'm thankful for going home."- Carissa Bently

"Getting an education to have a successful career as a RN (Registered Nurse) helping people, not to mention having a job for the rest of my life!"- Lindsey Wilhelm

And to expound on what I am thankful for- I'm thankful for my mom, for being such an inspiration and my best friend. I'm thankful for my dad for teaching me so much about the cattle industry and life in general. I'm thankful for my older brother, Nick, for always listening to my complaints and my joys in life. I'm thankful for my younger, bigger brother, Zachary, for being my buddy and getting me involved in bow hunting. I'm thankful for my youngest, tallest brother, Jack for making me laugh and the sweet cards while I'm at college.

I'm thankful for a great ag communication program at Texas Tech and knowledgeable professors, Taco Tuesday's at Rosa's with Thomas and Carly, new friends through the Monday night Bible study group and great room mates!

I would LOVE to know what you are thankful for- sign up for an account and you will be able to leave a comment. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment