Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Amazing Performance by Stellar Kart

Sunday evening, Stellar Kart, a very popular Christian band, performed an amazing show at the Ritz. How lucky are we to have such a great place like that in Wellington?

I had the opportunity to visit with Jon and Adam, members of the band, after the show. I was very curious about their favorite Bible verse.

Jon’s response was, “My favorite is John 10:27. Basically the gist of it is that God is our Sheppard and we are His sheep and we follow Him because we know His voice and that drives me in life because I am currently on this journey of finding out what Gods voice sounds like and I feel like knowing that is very important especially amongst the distractions so we can stay grounded.”

Adam’s favorite verse is Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. “That’s the story of my life. I definitely couldn’t do any of this on my own. Living life on the road is exhausting and just the responsibility of writing lyrics that can help people out and manage life and get through life and it’s something I wouldn’t want to try to do on my own. I don’t know what ‘all things’ means, but I’m pretty comfortable giving it over to God.”

I am amazed at the talent Adam, Jon, Jordan and Brian have been blessed with.

1 Peter 4:10-11 says, Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

I may be repeating myself from last week, but God is really putting it on my heart to encourage each of you to seek out His will for your life. If you haven’t discovered your niche, seek God’s voice and He will give you the strength to do all things so that He may be praised. God is so good!

Happy Trails and God Bless!

To contact Kristen with questions or comments, email her at kristen_odom@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment