Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stress!

Life can be stressful – and I hate being stressed!

When I encounter stress (and problems in general) I want to not only fix the problem, but also figure out why it happened and what I can do to prevent it from happening again.

I was recently more stressed out that I had ever been. It got to the point where I wasn’t hungry; I didn’t sleep much and I just wanted to cry.

The cause of the stress: needing people to fill out forms and return them for a quickly approaching deadline. What could I do about it: send the forms with a letter explaining the need for the form to be returned. What did I do: the previously mentioned action. So why did I stress? I have no idea; it doesn’t make any sense!

A pretty amazing person kept reminding me to “do my best and God will take care of the rest”. I had to sit there and say that over and over again in my head so I would believe it in my heart.

Matthew 6:25-27, 34 says “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


I know these verses are mainly about worldly possessions, but I think stressing about paperwork can be included in them also. What good does it do to stress? None at all!

So I challenge you (and I’m also challenging myself) to do your absolute best and then let God take care of the rest!

To contact Kristen, email her at kristen_odom@hotmail.com or send a letter to The Wellington Leader, Attn: Kristen’s Corner, Box 992, Wellington, TX 79095.

Happy Trails & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment