Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Perfect Marriage

Social media is such an amazing tool! It allows us to connect and share things that we otherwise would never see. I came across a blog that was linked to Facebook recently and it caught my eye because it mentioned something about marriage.

After exploring deeper into the blog, I discovered that the writer, Trey Morgan, is the minister at the Church of Christ in Childress. It is such a small world!

One blog post from Trey that I found that I would like to share includes points about how Adam & Eve had the PERFECT marriage –
• Eve never had to hear Adam talk about how good his mom cooked.
• Eve never questioned Adam’s faithfulness by asking, “Are you sure there’s no one else?”
• Eve wasn’t lying when she told Adam that he was the best looking man in the whole world.
• Adam never went off fishing with his buddies.
• Adam never had to hear about all the men Eve could have married.
• Eve didn’t need to clothes shop.
• Adam didn’t have to pay for a different pair of shoes for every outfit Eve owned.
• Adam never had to hear Eve say, “You know those fig leave don’t match, don’t you?”
• Neither one had in-laws.

It makes me laugh going through each one of these points. I’ve heard all kinds of stories about love and marriage and the negatives, BUT I’ve also heard and seen some amazing marriages.

Very soon after RA and I started dating I looked him right in the eye and said, “I’m just going to give you fair warning – I can be complicated, confusing and sometimes, maybe even a little bit crazy!”

As we’ve started planning our wedding, there has already been one time where I was able to say, “Ok, that was one of my crazy times!”

As RA and I continue on our journey through life together, I ask for your advice – from your perspective, what is they key to a successful relationship/marriage? What can you share with us that we can learn as we grow together?

Proverbs 13:14 says, The teaching of the wise is a foundation of life, turning a person from the snares of death.

Please feel free to email me at kristen_odom@hotmail.com, send a letter to the Wellington Leader, Attn: Kristen’s Corner, or find me on Facebook. I look forward to reading your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment