Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When the Skies are Gray

Here are some words that were shared with me back in July –

I saw a little bird one day,‘Twas sitting on a wire,
The air was cold and frosty and one longed for the fire.

The little bird stretched wide his beak and melody flowed out;.
He didn’t seem to mind the cold, just sang and looked about.

From out his feathered throat, there came a song of pure delight.
The wind blew hard, the snow swirled by, he sang with all his might.

I bowed my head and said, “Dear Lord, make me like that small bird, when things are cold and drear, oh Lord, please make my song be heard.

If I can sing when harsh winds blow, and things are drear and cold, I’ll be of help to kindred hearts who’ve almost lost their hold.

Lord give me the courage to sing out though skies above seem gray and may I, like the little bird help make a happy day.” ~ written by Glenn E. Wagoner.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

I love the words by Mr. Wagoner and the verse from Deuteronomy! It’s such an encouragement. I do pray those words, “give me the courage to sing out though skies above seem gray”.

Let us not become wearing in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we don’t not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. ~ Galatians 6:9-10

My Uncle Kyle shared these verses from Galatians with me when I was a sophomore in high school and they have stuck with me.

It’s so easy to become overwhelmed with negativity and problems. It’s not hard to complain when the storms of life are raging.

But how amazing is it when you can take that moment, when the skies are cloudy and the waves are crashing, and use it to encourage someone!

Shine God’s light everywhere you go, to everyone you meet.

To contact Kristen, email her at kristen_odom@hotmail.com or send a letter to The Wellington Leader, Attn: Kristen’s Corner, Box 992, Wellington, TX 79095.

Happy Trails & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment