Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Big Brother

I love the month of November! The morning air is crisp, the leaves hold deep colors of orange, yellow and red and it’s my older brothers birthday month.

In honor of Nicholas turning 23, I would like to dedicate this column to him.

Nick is the brother that knows how to push my buttons. Growing up, we clashed pretty hard. When we got into arguments, I did have the benefit of being the girl when it came to getting in trouble. I do have a confession Mom and Dad – all those times on family trips when I would squeal, it wasn’t always Nick that started it. (Sorry Nick!)

Since we are both out of high school, we get along much better and he is one of my best friends. He’s the one I call when I have too much on my mind and I need to sort things out. There have been nights that we talk on the phone until 1:30 a.m. Nick has many words of wisdom and inspires me to dream big.

He also let’s me know when I’m not using a nice tone of voice. I was not very happy, to say the least, when he informed me that I needed to change me tone when we were at home one weekend. We went our separate ways for about three hours and it gave me time to reflect. When we did run into each other (I think he was avoiding me), I thanked him for not allowing me to act like that. Even though it made me mad at the moment, I appreciate your guidance.

So Nick, thank you for all your words of wisdom and for teaching me about sharing, being nice, dreaming and excelling in life.

Also as November begins, I am reminded that the holidays are approaching quickly as I just saw a Facebook status with a countdown figured to the minute until Christmas.

It is easy to become overwhelmed this time of year but I want you to take time every single day this month and reflect on what you are thankful for. You may prefer to just reflect mentally or write down what you are thankful for in a notebook. To see my thanksgiving blessings, check out my daily Facebook updates this month.

Shine God’s light everywhere you go and to everyone you meet.

To contact Kristen, email her at kristen_odom@hotmail.com or send a letter to The Wellington Leader, Attn: Kristen’s Corner, Box 992, Wellington, TX 79095.

Happy Trails & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment